Fight back against any kind of firearm charges with help from an experienced gun attorney in Lancaster CA
California has many laws on the books restricting residents’ right to own and use firearms. A relatively small infraction of any of these laws could have a big impact on your future. Not only do you risk getting a criminal conviction on your record, you may also risk fines, jail time, and the temporary or permanent loss of your gun rights. You certainly cannot afford to face firearm charges without help from a skilled gun attorney in Lancaster CA who knows how to protect your rights and interests throughout the criminal proceeding.
Here’s How Your Gun Attorney in Lancaster CA Can Help
With nearly 20 years of experience in criminal defense, Patrick S. Aguirre makes an excellent choice of gun attorney in Lancaster CA. He never gives up on a client. Instead, he takes every opportunity to help by:
- Being present during police questioning: Often, a small, seemingly irrelevant detail can serve as a lynchpin of the case against you. If you talk to police on your own, you might accidentally reveal such details. But with your gun attorney in Lancaster CA beside you, you don’t have to worry about this.
- Checking for illegal evidence: Even if police found a weapon on your person or in your vehicle, if they did not have a warrant for the search, the evidence is inadmissible. This is just one example of the kind of illegal evidence Attorney Aguirre can get excluded from your case.
- Investigating your case: Depending on the type of gun charge you face, there may be multiple different defense strategies your gun attorney in Lancaster CA could use to defend you. Attorney Aguirre will help you select the most promising strategy and look for any additional evidence to support it.
- Representing you in court: Attorney Aguirre is a skilled and effective litigator with an excellent track record of success in jury trials. In fact, over the past 20 years he has maintained a 93 percent success rate. You can trust Attorney Aguirre to tell you honestly if you can expect to win an acquittal at trial. He will work hard to present a strong and compelling argument for your defense in court.
- Arranging a plea deal: In cases where the prosecution’s evidence is undeniable, the best defense strategy will be for Attorney Aguirre to seek a plea deal. For example, in the case of misdemeanor gun charges, it is often possible to arrange for summary probation instead of jail time.
No Gun Charge is Too Big or Too Small for Attorney Aguirre
Some gun law violations are so minor they could reasonably be accidental. Others, such as using a gun to rape, assault, rob, or kill someone, are obviously very serious. In his work as a gun attorney in Lancaster CA, Patrick S. Aguirre handles both ends of the spectrum and everything in between. He will make sure you understand the charges against you and help you choose the best path forward, given the facts of the matter and your goals for its resolution. Attorney Aguirre knows the legal statutes and case law that relate to all the following gun crimes and more:
- Possessing an illegal firearm
- Felon with a firearm
- Carrying a concealed firearm
- Carrying a loaded gun in public
- Brandishing a weapon
- Inflicting injury while brandishing a weapon
- Assault with a firearm
- Drive-by shooting
- Grossly negligent discharge of a firearm
- Illegal gun sales
Need Help Restoring your Gun Rights?
Are you unable to legally possess a firearm due to a prior conviction? It may be possible for a gun attorney in Lancaster CA to help restore your rights. If you have been convicted of a felony that could have been charged as a misdemeanor, your attorney can petition to have the conviction reduced. Alternatively, if you have been convicted of certain qualifying felonies, your attorney can help you try to get a governor’s pardon. To learn more about your eligibility for either of these processes, please reach out to The Law Offices of Patrick S. Aguirre.
Call Now for Your Free Consultation
If you are in need of a defense attorney for a gun crimes case, please do not hesitate to contact us at 800-572-1252. We offer free initial consultations.